Senior Media Strategist
GRAIN’s Media Strategists play a crucial role in the development of media plans in accordance with the objectives and strategies developed on assigned account(s), execute media buys, and manage media campaigns. Strategists help to coordinate all day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client’s product or service.
- Manage strategic media planning activities associated with assigned accounts – helping to develop planning objectives and strategies that coincide with the client’s marketing direction
- Work with media partners to develop, negotiate, and execute media plans, and gauge performance and KPIs to determine the extent to which client objectives and strategies are being met
- Optimize both self-service & managed campaigns based on client objectives, and collaborate with internal teams to ensure all elements of success are utilized
- Oversee and develop process and framework for media reporting – working with adops & performance teams to deliver actionable insights for clients on a timely basis
- Intimately understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Grow a strong relationship with clients and client agencies – through a demonstration of industry knowledge and of the client’s basic business issues
- Assist in the on-going monthly actualization and clearance of client investments – in alignment with the terms and conditions of industry standard finance practices
- Provide POVs on various media in the marketplace
- Assist on new business efforts when required
- Work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and communicate effectively across all levels
- Ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
On-Going Skills and Behaviors:
- Develop a detailed awareness of client business issues, and on-going awareness of industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of client-relevant aspects of Digital Media, Search, Video, Mobile, etc.
- Experience and or Certification in the following tools is preferable: DoubleClick Campaign Manager, Google AdWords, Programmatic (MediaMath, The Trade Deck, DBM), & Facebook (Blueprint.)
- Solid understanding of interactive research tools such as AdRelevance, @plan, and Comscore.
- Analytics Background, using tools like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager
- 2 years agency experience required